One of my favourite stories of last years was Summer in Paris, Light from the Sky by Ken Scholes in Clarkesworld magazine. I loved the stopry so much that I’ve been eagerly awaiting the release of Schole’s first novel, which has recently been released in hardback in the States. We may have to wait sometime for a British edition so I don’t know when I will get to review the full thing (hint hint any editors from Tor who might read this…send me an ARC!!) but there is a tasty extract over on Bookspotcentral. Go have a read. I have a feeling Scholes will be someone to watch for anyone who likes great storytelling.
February 14, 2013 - No Comments
January 5, 2013 - 16 Comments
January 3, 2013 - No Comments
December 2, 2012 - 3 Comments
November 22, 2012 - No Comments
October 30, 2012 - No Comments
Ann Vandermeer apple Arts British Fantasy Award catherynne m valente china mieville circe's Clarion Clarkesworld Cory Doctorow cthul-you damien g walter E-Book Electric Velocipede Fantasy featured fiction George R R Martin Guardian Horizon Hugo Awards Jeff Vandermeer John Klima kelly link Lavie Tidhar Literature momentum nalo hopkinson neil gaiman Online Writing Philip K Dick science fiction short story Sofanauts Speculative Fiction The Fix The Guardian Twitter Ursula K. Le Guin Weird Fiction Weird Tales World Fantasy Convention Writer Writers Resources writing
- [...] Are You Wasting Your Time on Social Media? from Damien G. Walter at Damien G. Walter [...]
- [...] Reblogged from: http://damiengwalter.com/2013/03/14/cant-print-and-digital-media-all-just-alon ...
- the problem with social media is balancing the 'social' against the 'media' part. in order to make m ...
- Fascinating article...shows the modern struggle that exists for any artist...our 'talent' can't spea ...
- One of the first things my literary agent told me when she took me on was to get on Twitter. I alrea ...
- I certainly agree that writers should try to take their time and write the very best they can, Fifty ...