An open call for non-fiction stories of up-to 600 words, to be published on the Science Fiction medium group. Rolling deadline.
For 200 years science fiction has predicted the future. But what is the future of science fiction?
The Science Fiction publication on Medium is seeking non-fiction stories in the following categories :
- ESSAYS – Science fiction has gone through huge changes in the last decade. Battles over the field’s major awards have left SF a more diverse and dynamic community. Where will the decade ahead take us?
- REVIEWS – tell our readers about NEW works of science fiction storytelling that you believe will shape the future of SF. Reviews should be critical IE explore the meaning of a story, not just tell readers that it’s good.
- CRITICISM – classics of science fiction like Dune and Foundation are coming to the screen in 2020. What are the greats that defined science fiction’s past? Why have they lasted? How will they affect the future of science fiction?
DEADLINE : rolling deadline.
- say something intelligent about science fiction
- it takes more work to make your point in 600 words than in 2000. Longer pieces will be considered, but are much less likely to be published.
- if you can make your point with humour as well you will score major bonus points
HOW TO SUBMIT : You must have a Medium account to submit. Follow the Science Fiction publication on Medium. Once you are added as a writer, publish your story to Medium and submit to the Science Fiction publication. If your story is selected for publication you will be notified.
FAQ – ask questions in the comment below or join the discussion on the Scifi & Fantasy on Facebook group