Looking at my diary yesterday I realised that I’m doing a number of talks and public events over the next few weeks. This is exciting and , of course, a little nerve wracking. Most of us are drawn to writing as a way to spend large amounts of time alone, in our own imaginations, drinking tea. So it comes as a shock then that writing also involves loads of standing in front of people speaking about things! My next few weeks looks like this:
- Wednesday 2nd March – Talk on Writing for Social Media and finding your online community – Beyond Distance Reasearch Alliance, University of Leicester
- Wednesday 3rd March – Talk on Speculative Fiction and workshop – Loughborough University
- Saturday 19th March – Speculative Fiction as modern myth – States of Independence, De Montfort University
- Thursday 31st March – Writing, A Portfolio Career – De Montfort University, Leicester
- Thursday 3rd April – Writing a story in the window of Waterstones – Crawley LitFest
States of Independence and Crawley LitFest are both public events, so it would be great to see any of you out there at either.